The Huron County Clerk’s role in county government includes some of the following:
• Vital records – births, deaths, marriages, veteran’s records, election records.
• Processes passports, assumed names, notary public commissions.
• Assists the public with genealogy research.
• Circuit Court records – processing filings, maintaining physical custody of court
• Statutory Secretary to the Board of Commissioners, Concealed Weapons
Licensing Board, Board of Canvassers, Plat Board, Election Commission, and
• Member of the Apportionment Commission and Election Commission.
• Payroll – processes payroll for the county building and sheriff department
• Accounts payable – processes all billings for the county building and sheriff
• Human Resources – handles for the County Building and Sheriff Department the
health insurance and retirement benefits, unemployment, workmen’s
compensation, and county liability insurance.