To file a Civil claim in the 73B District Court, the business or person you are suing must do business in or live in Huron County. Or the event giving rise to the dispute must have occurred in Huron County.

The Court handles the following Civil Matters:

Points to consider: The court is available for settling disputes or establishing and reducing your claim to a judgment. You are responsible for:

  • Locating the parties.
  • Determining your course of action.
  • Gathering your witnesses and evidence.
  • Determining your claim amount and/or post judgment amount.

While the staff of this Court will try to help either party to an action, you must understand:

  • Our clerks are not attorneys, and therefore cannot give legal advice.
  • The Judge/Attorney Magistrate may not and will not give advice on matters they may have to rule on.
  • In a Civil case (General or Small Claims) the Court can render money judgments only. As long as there is no criminal activity taking place the District Court does not have the authority to require anyone to do something or to stop doing something.

Civil Case Process

Civil Fees - Civil case fees & Interest Rates for Money Judgements

Contact Information:
General Civil Clerk: Melissa Pallas
Small Claims/Landlord Tenant & Evictions Clerk: Jamie Wood
Phone Number: (989) 269-9987
Fax Number: (989) 269-6167